Sunday 8 September 2013

Sectioned in Hospital - Day 32

Written by Fox.

DAY 32 - 8th September, Sunday

Weekends are so boring on the ward, especially for Keri. Most of the other patients are going on leave or out with friends while we're sat here just watching it happen, stuck at the desk waiting for staff or in the garden watching visitors come and go. It's quite frustrating.

Luckily Keri wasn't put on level 3 observation last night although she did end up throwing a lot of stuff across her room. Sally was starting to peek out a little bit so unfortunately for Keri she had no control over what was being thrown across the room. I don't normally say this but I do feel sorry for Sally. She doesn't have any space to air herself out unless she's given an opportunity to help Keri kill herself. Locked in a hospital ward on a section 3 isn't the type of environment Sally can use properly! Although she has been quite quiet since last night so we all know she's found something out today that she can use to her advantage but I can't for the life of me figure out what has been said.

Again Keri has needed more Lorazepam during the day as Lucinda has now moved on to talking about dead babies. I find swearing an unnecessary thing but with this, it's fucking ridiculous! Keri's spoken to a couple of staff and she's allowed to use the annex at the bottom of the ward. It used to be the HDU but now it's been converted into a small quiet area with four women's bedrooms so all females are allowed down there. Lucinda is unaware at the moment that this is allowed so for now Keri is able to get some quiet time when she needs it away from the person who's making her so miserable! I really hope these antidepressants start working! She didn't take them for the first week of her admission as they were missed off her prescription, now she's been taking them for 4 weeks and there should at least be some improvement! Maybe because of the setting it's taking Keri longer to be able to get back up from the massive downer she has when she starts taking the tablets again...

With bandages on both arms up to her elbows you'd think the staff will have said something but no. Maybe they're of the opinion that Keri's self harming is better than letting her go out and drill a hole in her skull. I do admit this is the preferable option.

Not much has happened. Keri's still pretty gutted about no visitors. It's been a week and NO ONE has come. Why is that? I've no idea. Not even the outreach worker or personal advisor has turned up. It's a bit odd and I'm not actually sure what to make of it.

I've done a little diagram for my psychotherapy session tomorrow. As far as I'm aware it's still planned that I can have the appointment. It may not be all of it and her psychotherapist may ask that she wants Keri back out before she leaves the appointment which is fair. But at least I can do some venting! Still haven't heard anything about Keri's tribunal but it's early days. I think Keri's a bit stupid to do one now. She's on a section 3 so in the whole 6 months she's only allowed one tribunal. If she fails it then basically it's down to the overseeing psychiatrist to discharge her. But like I've said before, she still doesn't think she's ill so asking for a tribunal this early is basically her saying "you're all wrong, I'm not sick, now let me out!". 

No comments:

Post a Comment