Friday 19 July 2019

Mine and Clari’s Birthday!

I'm going to write an update on Sunday but I wanted to write a post about me and Clari! Our birthday was on Monday but we couldn’t celebrate it as the arthritis has been quite bad. We found the tens machine that we use when we’re in pain which can stop us having to use crutches (it’s sends electricity to disrupt the pain signals to the brain). It’s not so much of an issue for me as I have a duller sense of pain. I don’t know why but I don’t get effected so much. It’s not like Sally where she feels NO pain. Even with broken knuckles she can still punch someone full force. It’s crazy. For me it’s more that I can feel the pain and know it’s there but I probably only feel about a quarter of the pain that’s really there. It makes it hard sometimes to figure out what the body’s capability is as I forget that I’m in less pain! Clari on the other hand feels everything. She hates using crutches and totally refuses to come out if she has to use them. At least with the tens machine she doesn’t need the crutches, but she thinks she looks like “half human half robot”. Better than the crutches though! 

We’re going to celebrate tonight. I’ve already got Clari’s music sorted and picked out a good film that we both like. For the first year ever Clari has agreed that for some of it we can both be out at the same time. But we do like our alone time. We’re total opposites to each other so she’s not happy in a hoody and not talking, but I’m not happy in makeup, a pink dress and singing! Keri has agreed that she’s going to buy Clari some alcohol tonight. Keri abstains from alcohol as she has serious problems with it. One drink and she enters a total relapse. We’ve had to make Clari promise that any alcohol she has left over we’ll get rid of. I’m going to be the one out last as I prefer the middle of the night so I can make sure the remainder goes down the sink! 

Takeaway choices! That’s the big argument! Several of the alters have been laughing at us because we can’t decide on what we want to eat! I try respecting Keri’s choice of being vegetarian but Clari couldn’t give a damn! She’d have a steak if she could! What we both agree on is donuts or chocolate of some kind. A sweet tooth is the one thing we have in common! The only complete ban we have is no drugs. I don’t want to be out in the middle of the night and find that Clari has decided to have a load of cocaine. The combination of that and alcohol will really take the joy out of it for me!

We have no balloons or anything but considering we aren’t having a big party it’s good. One year we’re hoping to get some friends and family over to celebrate. Or go to them. It’ll happen at some stage and even I’m up for that. This is our 2nd birthday out of hospital and last year Clari spoiled it by smoking a lot of weed. I’ve finally got her to agree to getting out of her dress and getting rid of her makeup before I come out properly though. I’m never a happy person when I find myself in that!

I’ll update everyone in a day or two with how much fun we have tonight and an overall update of things that are going on. I’m glad we postponed our birthday for 4 days. At least we still get to celebrate! And I have something happy to post about!

Takeaway, dancing (for Clari!) and celebrating. It’s going to be a good evening!


Happy birthday to us! 15 again! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment